Benefits and Facts
Interesting facts and details……
- All of our lettuce is grown in a controlled environment greenhouse eliminating the need for any harmful herbicides & pesticides
- It takes about 30-45 days, seed to harvest for most of our lettuce depending on time of year
- Our nutrients are all derived from natural sources and carefully monitored to ensure the most optimal nutrition possible.
- Ladybugs are released periodically to gobble up any lettuce-loving bugs, Aphids, that may have made their way into our greenhouse
- We balance water pH level, monitor temperature and also the rate of flow.
- All of our seeds are non - GMO & pesticide-free
- At any given time, we have 5 weeks worth of lettuce growing at one time, with careful rotation of harvesting and transplanting
“Lett”uce tell you more……
- Due to the nature of the indoor growing process, there is no need to wash our lettuce prior to enjoying. Nothing touches it, not even rain water therefore it is as clean as it can be
- We limit tours (sorry!) to maintain the highest level of cleanliness possible.
- Many of our customers tell us that their children find our lettuce to be the only lettuce they’ll eat. Yeah!!!
- With the lettuce constantly being fed optimal nutrition, the taste can’t be beat. Nutrients give lettuce their taste that why much of the main-stream lettuce found in grocery stores seems taste-less.
- Nutrients also serve as natural preservatives. The more optimal the nutrients it is fed, the longer the lettuce will stay fresh. Most of our greens last 10+ days in your refrigerator.
- One bad aspect of eating our lettuce. If you ever have to go back to “mainstream lettuce”, that’s a tough transition back. Our lettuce simply is, the way lettuce was intended to taste